British Columbia, Canada has over 20 Prostate Cancer Support Groups meet once a month. This Richmond group is found in 2013 by volunteers and focused on providing help to Chinese-speaking men, but everyone is welcome. We speak English, Cantonese and Mandarin, meet on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Seniors Centre of Minoru Centre for Active Living (7191 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC V6Y 1N9 Multipurpose Room 1 (1033)). Join us for the professional presentation and talk to other men and family members who have been dealing with prostate cancer for weeks, months or even years.
No registration is required and all ages are welcome. Please swipe your Facility Pass ($23/year for seniors 55+ or spouses) or pay a $4.3 drop-in fee at the front desk when arriving for each session.
If you want to chat one on one with a survivor, you may drop in our walking club. The Richmond Blue Walkers walk 5-10 km on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am-11 am, along the beautiful river dykes and parks in Richmond (Walk in the Richmond Shopping Centre during the raining days or cold seasons). Click here for the schedule or contact Daniel Leung at 604-836-6423 for the locations and meeting places.
列治文前列腺癌友步行團「藍天健行」每週二和週四早上9時至11時，沿著美麗的河堤和公園散步（在下雨天或寒冷季節，步行於列治文購物中心）。請點擊查詢活動更新 或打電話604-836-6423 (Daniel)。
This blog is provided as a public service. Any persons using the information or documents provided on the blog do so at their own risk.
You are advised to seek professional services from licensed physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists and health care professionals, if and when necessary.
Friday, October 30, 2015
Thursday, October 8, 2015
- A workshop to enlighten, to inspire, and to expand your horizons.
- Save the date on your calendars now.
- Plan your trips and vacations around this weekend so as not to miss out.
- September 23(Fri), 24(Sat), 25(Sun), 2016.
- For registration please click here.
In 2013 we put together a set of workshops that provided a double focus:
- successful support group leadership
- new and exciting advances in prostate cancer care and treatment
Friday, October 2, 2015
* Testosterone is an important hormone for many aspects of male physiology
* There is an intricate relationship between the hormone testosterone and prostate biology
* Testosterone replacement therapy is a controversial topic
* Giving testosterone to a man with known prostate cancer is not dangerous if done properly
* The impact of moderately low testosterone levels on the prostate is a very different situation than the impact of hormone withdrawal therapy on cancer
Register Now <http://prostatecancer.us2.