- Over 3,700 men in British Columbia will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year.
- Metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer (m-CRPC) is the lethal form of the disease and is resistant to most treatments.
- EPI-506 is a drug discovered in collaboration between Dr. Marianne Sadar at the BC Cancer Agency and UBC, and Dr. Raymond Andersen at UBC’s Department of Chemistry.
- The EPI-506 Phase I/II clinical trial is sponsored by ESSA Pharma Inc. and has both FDA and Health Canada approval for testing in humans as an investigational drug.
- The EPI-506 Phase I/II clinical trial is designed for patients with metastatic prostate cancer and will explore safety, tolerability and anti-tumour activity.
- BC Cancer Foundation donors have provided significant support of $2.6 million to advance Dr. Sadar’s research and development of a new treatment for prostate cancer.
Canada has over 60 Prostate Cancer Support Groups that meet once a month. This Richmond group in British Columbia is founded in 2013 by volunteers and focused on providing help to Chinese-speaking men, but everyone is welcome. We speak English, Cantonese and Mandarin, meet on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Seniors Centre of Minoru Centre for Active Living (7191 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC V6Y 1N9 Multipurpose Room 1 (1033)). Join us for the professional presentation and talk to other men and family members who have been dealing with prostate cancer for weeks, months or even years.
No registration is required and all ages are welcome. Please swipe your Facility Pass ($28/year for seniors 55+ or spouses) or pay a $4.3 drop-in fee at the front desk when arriving for each session.
If you want to chat one on one with a survivor, you may drop in our walking club. The Richmond Blue Walkers walk 5-10 km on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am-11 am, along the beautiful river dykes and parks in Richmond (Walk in the Richmond Shopping Centre during the rainy days or cold seasons). Click here for the schedule or contact Daniel Leung at 604-836-6423 for the locations and meeting places.
列治文前列腺癌友步行團「藍天健行」每週二和週四早上9時至11時，沿著美麗的河堤和公園散步（在下雨天或寒冷季節，步行於列治文購物中心）。請點擊查詢活動更新 或打電話604-836-6423 (Daniel)。
This blog is provided as a public service. Any persons using the information or documents provided on the blog do so at their own risk.
You are advised to seek professional services from licensed physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists and health care professionals, if and when necessary.